Whatever your software requirement JDCC has the available development skills and software solution for you and your business. Everything from an iPhone app to a blog CMS (Content Management System) or 50,000 product database driven ecommerce store. Nothing is too small and nothing is too complex for our experienced team of application developers - who will build your bespoke system on time and at a competitve price point..
Software technology in its very essence is designed to automate, communicate, propogate and synchonrise key but laborious and mundane tasks. It injects processes to deliver with speed. This consequently makes your business operations run smoother, more efficient and more productive while freeing up time for your team to concentrate and complete the essential tasks. Efficiency and productivity are key determining factors for an immediate increase in your net profits and are central to every application we build.
You are not limited to a set platform or brief and by using desktop and sever based systems they will drive your business and team forward with effortless ease.
However, all software is not created equal. Many software applications are made by developers with good intentions but who lack experience and just plain common sense. This has a negative impact on cost, stablility and usability. This in turn can result in poor speed, efficiency, team moral, and ultimately low profits.
At JDCC your busineess is in good hands. With developers on call who have skills in a multitude of developent disciplines including but not limited too:
- CMS: JDC CMS, WordPress
- E-commerce: Etaila, osCommerce, Magento
Web Based Applications vs. Desktop Applications
Rich Internet Applications are becoming more popular and developers are finding more and more ways to deliver them in effiicent and productive ways. With the desktop and the web, there are 2 ways to deliver these applications, both can work independently or as one synergistic system. There are of course multiple reasons to either deploy browser applications or desktop applications. Every company is different so which best suits your needs a desktop or web based application?
A web based solution has a number of benefits compared to a desktop solution. They have the ability to update and maintain web applications without distributing and installing software on potentially thousands of client computers and this is a key reason for their popularity, as is the support for cross-platform compatibility.
Common web applications include webmail, online retail sales, online auctions, wikis and many other functions.
An desktop application runs as a stand alone in a desktop, laptop, notebook or tablet. Contrast with a Web-based application, which requires the Web browser to run.
Both options are used for different and specific roles with your business systems. There are a number of bespoke software application solutions that can be implemented to meet your needs, all of which we offer at JDC.
Here is a Small Sample from an Extensive List of Available Desktop and Web based Software Aplications from JDCC...
- Web Based Applications
- PDF & Office Documents
- Image & Photograph Management
- Bespoke Databases
- Information Management and Propagation
- Information & Product Datafeeds
- Multiple Users Account
- Remote Locations
- Cloud Computing & Online Storage
- Secure Servers to Monitor Traffic
- Audit Trails & Accounting
- Control & Secure Log-In
- Designed architectures to your exacting requirements
- Timed to Run & Move Data Online
- processes automation run scripts to produce reports
- Charts Graphs, Reports & Meausrement
- Minutes for Meetings & Accountability
JDCC work with many different business areas and sectors including and not limited too:
- Ecommerce & Retail
- Insurance, Finance & Debt
Example E-commerce Solution Development Options - Key Differences:
1) Boxed-Solution. When you purchase ‘out-of-the-box’ software, you createyour own pages possibly from basic templates in the software, add the content and away you go. Sounds easy and it is, but your site will stink! Not recommended if you want big sales and big profits. You will need to invest many hours amending your website, constantly trying to improve the design, usability and operation. The reality is that there are very real limitations to how your site will look and perform. So select this option only, if you are on a very tight budget, and enjoy hard, laborious work.
2) Custom (Bespoke) Solution. Build a Custom and Bespoke e-commerce website to fit your exact needs, by using an external design company. This method starts by giving a specification brief to establish your requirements and because the company is starting from scratch, your site can cost up to fivetimes that of using a branded solution as in number three.
3) Branded Software (Etaila). Use established and reputable e-commerce branded software - such as Etaila.com -, built and designed by an external e-commerce specialist company. This is my recommended option for a website that delivers on all your feature requirements, for the best investment. However, not all e-commerce software is created equal, so you need to follow the information below.
4) In-House Team. Use an in-house team or employees and resources available to your company. Generally, this involves building a bespoke site from the ground up. This is often perceived as the more cost-effective solution if your company already has an IT team with web design and development experience.However, you will quickly find out the costs frequently outweigh the profits using this model. Employees, plus hardware, plus software can easily exceed $160K (£100K) in year one.